*throws money at the screen in hopes they give him a movie contract*
so my family plays this game where if someone is holding something and you yell “drop the bass” they have to drop what they’re holding so my mom was holding a carton of eggs so i yelled it and she looked me dead in the eye, dropped then eggs on the floor and whispered “you’ve gone too far”
I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.
What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable Will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome?
That Glory never shall his wrath or might
Extort from me.
John Milton, Paradise Lost
A very beautiful line that caught my eye as I was reading.
ATTN: PEOPLE OF TUMBLR
Well, we’ve once again reached that special time of the year where some skinny nerd sweats and cries and tries to scrape together money for a west coast comic book convention so they can see their peers and also maybe make a complete ass of themselves in front of Real Artists
That’s right—I’m going to Comic Con :V
I’m doing something a little different to raise funds this year, though. An art raffle! Four commission slots, one for each of the next four weeks, given to a lucky Tumblr follower via a random drawing.
Here’s how it works:
- Starting today and continuing for the next four weeks, I’ll be raffling off one of four commission slots
- $1.00 (paid via Paypal) buys you 1 entry. You can buy as many or as few entries as you like. But the minimum amount is 1.
- There will be one drawing per week, meaning there will be four chances to win!
- There is no time limit to buy entries, either. So if money’s tight one week, you can hold off and buy an entry the next week or the week after. No biggie.
- You can also buy entries for other people! Just be sure to include their tumblr username in your paypal payment.
- Entries open today, and the first drawing will be on Monday, June 30th. There will be a drawing every following Monday between June 30th and July 21st. But I’ll be sure to remind people so they don’t forget~
"BUT ADRI WHY DON’T YOU JUST OPEN UP FOR MORE COMMISSIONS INSTEAD"
Okay, first: calm your shorts. Second, I had considered it, but I decided this way was better for a few reasons
- I’m on the cusp of starting a full time position at my current job, so my time and energy to dedicate toward trying to speed through however-many $25 commissions in four weeks is very, very limited.
- Also, admittedly, my current backlog is kind of long. With a low amount of slots, it’s easier to stagger newer work with older work and avoid risking Complete Commission Burnout
- I’ve had a lot of people tell me that they’ve wanted to commission me for a long time but have not had the funds to do so (I feel u). With a raffle, people who would otherwise not be able to afford a commission from me could have a chance to get something from me for as low as a dollar!
- It’s a lot less limiting than doing an auction, which is usually exclusive to places like Weasyl. (And the thought of trying to manage an auction over Tumblr makes me want to tear my hair out.)
I’m now currently accepting entries for the first commission slot, and the drawing will be on Monday, June 30th! Then every following Monday after that until the final drawing on Monday, July 21st.
My current Paypal address is firstname.lastname@example.org. When you send money for your entry, select “Goods and Services”. Please be sure to include your Tumblr name or the Tumblr name of the person you’re buying entries for in the “Email to recipient” section.
Thanks, and good luck!! The first drawing will be this coming Monday!